Monday 2 September 2013

Hello Chums :)

Millie here! Where have I been, you may ask. Well.... It's not that I haven't been baking, on the contrary, even more so now the summer has finally decided to join us in England, whipping up summery pavalovas and bright pastries. I have no excuse, par laziness and, um, holidays?
 Anyways, all that matters now is I'm back in all my glory! And before you ask, no this isn't a recipe blog today, cos I have none to offer you. So there.
Back to the story?
Having an absolute TON of work to do, I obviously decided to pack my bags and head off to Italy, more specifically this tiny little mountain village in the middle of absolutely nowhere.
No supermarket, no pharmacy, no doctors.
 Just two tiny greengrocers and a cake shop... yup, a lot of time was spent there if not down by the beach eating the most delicious ice cream, or walking to the summits of mountains with fresh focaccia, mozzarella, olives, tomatoes and basil- scrumptious. Nothing can compare to the Italian's love for fresh and simple; the best combo there is! These two little restaurants we found had no menus, and my primitive knowledge of the language meant much shrugging and blushing ensued- made worse by the fact that my dad is vegetarian, and there was no menu. After this terrible start, we were simply dreading what we would be served, yet we were delivered plate after plate of the most delicious food I've possibly ever eaten. Fresh gnocchi, cheese sauce, chicken Milanese-well I think it was chicken, the language barrier kind of helped with not knowing what you're eating!
So, I hear you cry, where are all these photos? I forgot to take any... yep, new camera, no photos!! I shall offer you the best I can, one bad shot taken half-heartedly. sorry :/


No comments:

Post a Comment